All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the frequency with which the word 'solidarity' is invoked the concept itself has rarely been subjected to close scrutiny. In this original and stereotype-busting work, David Featherstone helps redress this imbalance through an invative combination of archival research, activist testimonies and first-hand involvement with political movements. Presenting a variety of case studies, from anti-slavery and anti-fascist organizing to climate change activism and the boycotts of Coca-Cola, Featherstone unearths international forms of solidarity that are all too often marginalized by nation-centred histories of the left and social movements. Timely and wide-ranging, this is a fascinating investigation of an increasingly vital subject.
- Author BiographyDavid Featherstone is a senior lecturer in human geography at the University of Glasgow. He has key research interests in space, politics and resistance in both the past and present. He is the author of Resistance, Space and Political Identities: The Making of Counter-Global Networks and co-editor of Spatial Politics: Essays for Doreen Massey.
- Author(s)David Featherstone
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.