All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work evaluates recent research on the importance of voters' conceptions of the nation's ecomic interest (sociotropic orientation) as opposed to personal ecomic interest (egocentric orientation) for explaining Danish political behaviour. The Danish evidence is reviewed in both theoretical and international perspective. Following an introductory chapter, chapter two reviews recent research in Denmark. Chapter three gives an exposition of the pure theory of political choice, and develops its implications for assessing the magnitudes of sociotropic and egocentric political motivation and the stability of bloc voting, in Denmark, as well as Scandivania generally. Chapters four and seven derive some standard results from the ecometrics of measurement specification error and apply the lessons indicated to the conclusions drawn in earlier work about egocentric and sociotropic inspiration of political behaviour in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and elsewhere. The last chapters describe the latest international research methods and results, and develop their implications for the interpretation and likely future orientation of research in Denmark.
- Author(s)Douglas A. Hibbs
- PublisherAarhus University Press
- Date of Publication19/12/1993
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleVoters in Scandinavia S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationAarhus
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintAarhus University Press
- Content Notetables
- Weight137 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.