Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThere is currently a high level of interest in the field of nlinear guided wave optics with the availability of nlinear materials and their use in new areas of application. This is particularly the case for solitons and other types of nlinear pulses in optical fibers, high capacity dispersion-free communications. Further, soliton-like beams in highly nlinear materials, such as organic polymers, are being studied with a view to using them for fast-switching purposes in devices where the light creates its own guiding channel. Written by two authors who are at the forefront of this research, Solitons provides a thorough treatment of the applications of switching devices. It presents the results of the most up to date research on the subject in an accessible manner and adopts a unified approach to solitons in fibers and the devices which use them. The book is an essential reference work for both professional engineers working in optoelectronics and telecommunications companies and graduate students and researchers in the area.
- Author(s)A. Ankiewicz,N. Akhmediev
- PublisherChapman and Hall
- Date of Publication31/03/1997
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleOptical & Quantum Electronics S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChapman and Hall
- Content Notebiography
- Weight675 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.