All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work discusses the spiritual journey of a man who abandoned his tions of material success to embrace a course of unworldly prosperity through solitude and reflection. The author retired from college teaching and developed a spirituality and personal theology that became, for him, a viable alternative to modern materialistic values. Solitude demonstrates the possibility of being transformed by love, and the strength found in acting through God's will. While living largely in solitude, Hough has established himself in his community as a loving man of faith who has tempered a life of active service with a life of contemplation. This book is useful to members of the clergy who guide others in their spiritual education, and as reading for theological academics and undergraduate students of religion.
- Author BiographyJohn B. Hough is Professor Emeritus at Ohio State University. He received his B.S., M.Ed., and D.Ed. from Temple University. He was awarded the Ohio State University Distinguished Teaching Award in 1979. He presently lives as a contemplative and communicant at Holy Trinity Church in Auburn, Alabama.
- Author(s)John B. Hough
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication30/04/2007
- SubjectUnclassifiable: WZ BIC
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.81
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.17
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.48
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.57
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.19
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.