All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended as an introduction to robot mechanics for students of mechanical, industrial, electrical, and bio-mechanical engineering, this graduate text presents a wide range of approaches and topics. It avoids formalism and proofs but netheless discusses advanced concepts and contemporary applications. It will thus also be of interest to practicing engineers. The book begins with kinematics, emphasizing an approach based on rigid-body displacements instead of coordinate transformations; it then turns to inverse kinematic analysis, presenting the widely used Pieper-Roth and zero-reference-position methods. This is followed by a discussion of workplace characterization and determination. One focus of the discussion is the motion made possible by sperical and other vel wrist designs. The text concludes with a brief discussion of dynamics and control. An extensive bibliography provides access to the current literature.
- Author(s)Krishna C. Gupta
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight114 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.