All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSolution-Focused Substance Abuse Treatment describes the standard of care for substance abuse treatment, demonstrates how solution-focused brief therapy exceeds this standard, and shows how it can effectively be used in substance abuse evaluation, case management, and both individual and group treatment. Beginning and advanced concepts are provided to address the questions of even the most advanced clinician, all placed in the context of cultural awareness. Most importantly, the author answers the many questions professionals may have about how solution-focused brief therapy can be successfully integrated into the field of substance abuse. It provides a thorough understanding of the issues that therapists face when working with this at times challenging population, and demonstrates how the use of solution-focused brief therapy can minimize power struggles and enhance client success. Sample forms and handouts are included, as are additional resources for effective evaluation and treatment.
- Author BiographyTeri Pichot, LCSW, MAC, LAC, is the Program Manager of the Substance Abuse Counseling Program at the Jefferson County Department of Health and Environment. Sara A. Smock is an assistant professor at Texas Tech University in the Marriage and Family Therapy Program.
- Author(s)Sara A. Smock,Teri Pichot
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/03/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.