Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionStruggling with the intricacies of Solution-Focused theory, skills or practice? Wanting to learn more about providing brief, practically-based solution-focused interventions across many therapeutic settings? As part of the popular Brief Therapies Series, this long awaited third edition will tell you all you need to kw about Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) and more! This popular introduction takes you step-by-step through the counselling process, providing insight into how to structure and manage your therapeutic work in ways that are grounded in Solution-Focused principles. This book includes: - a detailed introduction to the theory and practice of 'brief' therapy - a discussion of the foundations of SFT - exercises to use with clients and/or trainees - brand new case examples relating theory directly to practice - an insightful reflection on the journey of the practitioner From leading Solution-Focused expert Bill O'Connell, this book will t only provide practical guidelines and theoretical background for the beginner but support and inspiration for the more experienced. Bill O'Connell is Director of Training for Focus on Solutions Limited in Birmingham. He was previously Head of the Counselling Department at Westhill College of Higher Education, Birmingham, and is co-editor of Handbook of Solution-Focused Therapy (SAGE, 2003).
- Author BiographyBill is currently the Director of Training for Focus on Solutions, an independent training agency specialising in using the Solution-Focused approach. He has introduced many thousands of people to SFT through his lecturing and training courses. His background is in social work, youth work, lecturing, counselling and management. Bill designed and led the first Masters degree in Solution-Focused Therapy offered by the University of Birmingham. Bill is a Fellow and Senior Accredited Counsellor of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. He is the author of Solution-Focused Therapy (1998 / second edition 2005); Solution-Focused Stress Counselling (2001) and co-editor of The Handbook of Solution-Focused Therapy (2003). Bill has contributed numerous book chapters and journal articles on the Solution-Focused approach. When he's not working he loves the company of his grandchildren, is a keen, but not very good golfer and a life long supporter of Glasgow Celtic.
- Author(s)Bill O'Connell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBrief Therapies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.