Solutions for the Treatment Resistant Addicted Client: Therapeutic Techniques for Engaging Challenging Clients by Nicholas A. Roes (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelp addicts to better their lives, even though they oppose treatment! This useful volume, the result of more than ten years of work in researching and refining the techniques most likely to lead to positive client outcomes, offers field-tested methods for dealing with the most challenging addicted client types. These include hopeless clients, clients considered to be in denial, and those who are in treatment t because they desire it, but because of a mandate from an outside authority. The techniques you'll find in Solutions for the Treatment-Resistant Addicted Client have proven to be successful with even the most difficult clients. The techniques you will learn in this book avoid generating resistance on the part of the client and are easily integrated into any treatment model. You'll also find case studies, practice worksheets, and suggestions for therapeutic tasks to assign to your clients. Solutions for the Treatment-Resistant Addicted Client will teach you: * why treating even the most challenging clients with respect is vital to successful therapy * why the concept of the client's treatment readiness is a myth; it is you, the therapist, who must be ready for the most challenging client! * how to give your therapeutic message greater impact and break out of unproductive patterns of relating to your clients And the book's final section, presented in Q&A format, addresses: * practical applications of the techniques discussed * theoretical frameworks for the interventions suggested * ethical concerns relating to dealing with clients who don't want treatment Alcohol and drug counselors, probation/parole officers, social workers, and other mental health professionals who work with addicted clients will find this book an invaluable aid in their work. Students preparing to enter these careers, as well as those preparing for certification as alcohol or drug abuse counselors, also need the information found here. Solutions for the Treatment-Resistant Addicted Client is must reading for anyone dealing with this extraordinarily difficult population.
- Author(s)Nicholas A. Roes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/2001
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.86Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.