All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces the concepts, theory and experimental kwledge concerning solvent effects on the rate and equilibrium of chemical reactions of all kinds. It begins with basic thermodynamics and kinetics, building on this foundation to demonstrate how a more detailed understanding of these effects may be used to aid in determination of reaction mechanisms, and to aid in planning syntheses. Consideration is given to theoretical calculations (quantum chemistry, molecular dynamics, etc.), to statistical methods (chemometrics), and to modern day concerns such as green chemistry, where utilization and disposal of chemical waste or by-products in an environmentally safe way is as important as achieving the desired end products by all chemists wadays. The treatment progresses from elementary to advanced material in straightforward fashion. The more advanced topics are t developed in an overly rigorous way so that upper-level undergraduates, graduates, and newcomers to the field can grasp the concepts easily.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Stairs, Ph.D, FCIC, is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Chemistry at Trent University at Peterborough, Ontario, having joined at its opening in 1964, after teaching at Cornell and at Queen's University in Kingston. During his 25 years at Trent, he served as chair of the Department twice. Since retiring, Prof. Stairs keeps up a close relationship with Trent, returning regularly for seminars and special events, and maintaining a modest research program. Erwin Buncel, PhD, FRCS, is Professor Emeritus in the Physical Organic Chemistry department at Queen's University. He received his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry in 1957 and his D.Sc. in Physical Organic Chemistry in 1970, both at the Unversity of London. He has won several awards and honors, including the R.U. Lemieux Award in Organic Chemistry - Canadian Society for Chemistry in 1999 and he was a Fellow, World Innovation Foundation (2001). He has recently been elected a fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
- Author(s)Erwin Buncel,Robert A. Stairs
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.