Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe childhood obesity epidemic in America is a national health crisis. One in every three children aged 2 to 19 is overweight or obese. The life-threatening consequences of this epidemic create a compelling and critical call for action that cant be igred. Obesity is estimated to cause 112,000 deaths per year in the United States, and one third of all children born in the year 2000 are expected to develop diabetes during their lifetime. The current generation may even be on track to have a shorter lifespan than their parents. This book focuses on the research and scientific information on the causes and consequences of childhood obesity which form the platform on which to build our national policies and partner with the private sector to end the childhood obesity epidemic.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight576 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Edited byNatalie E. Brunner,Sarah J. Maier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.