All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a solution for direct and inverse heat conduction problems, discussing the theoretical basis for the heat transfer process and presenting selected theoretical and numerical problems in the form of exercises with solutions. The book covers one-, two- and three dimensional problems which are solved by using exact and approximate analytical methods and numerical methods. An accompanying CD-Rom includes computational solutions of the examples and extensive FORTRAN code.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jan Taler is a director of the Department of Process and Power Engineering at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Krakow University of Technology. He has lectures on heat transfer processes and thermal power plants at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and the Faculty of Computer and Electrical Engineering. His research interests mainly lie in heat transfer, inverse heat conduction problems and monitoring of thermal stresses, which arise during the operations of energy installations and machinery. The results of his research on heat transfer, thermal stresses, optimum heating and cooling of solids and measuring of heat flux were published in well-known international journals, such as Transactions of the ASME, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Heat and Mass Transfer, Forschung im Ingenieurwessen, Brennstoff-Warme-Kraft, VGB Kraftwerkstechnik and VGB Power Tech. Professor Taler was a research fellow of DAAD in Germany and of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at the University of Stuttgart. He is also a member of the Committee of Combustion and Thermodynamics at the Polish Academy of Sciences. He is also the author of over 200 publications and 5 monographies, including three in German language. He has received Siemens Award for his achievements in scientific research, the Award of the Minister of Education and the Award of the Rector of the Krakow University of Technology. Dr. Piotr Duda is an associate professor at the Department of Process and Power Engineering of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Krakow University of Technology. Between 1997-1998, he was a research fellow at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL). Between 2002-2003, he was a research fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at the University of Stuttgart, Germany. He has published over 50 articles on heat transfer problems, thermal stresses and numerical methods both at home and abroad.
- Author(s)Jan Taler,Piotr Duda
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/10/2006
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note93 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1452 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.