All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionELLP ACK is a many faceted system for solving elliptic partial differential equations. It is a forerunner of the very high level, problem solving environments or expert systems that will become common in the next decade. While it is still far removed from the goals of the future, it is also far advanced compared to the Fortran library approach in common current use. Many people will find ELLP ACK an easy way to solve simple or moderately complex elliptic problems. Others will be able to solve really hard problems by digging a little deeper into ELLP ACK. ELLP ACK is a research tool for the study of numerical methods for solving elliptic problems. Its original purpose was for the evaluation and comparison of numerical software for elliptic problems. Simple examples of this use are given in Chapters 9-11. The general conclusion is that there are many ways to solve most elliptic problems, there are large differences in their efficiency and the most common ways are often less efficient, sometimes dramatically so.
- Author(s)John R. Rice,Ronald F. Boisvert
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Computational Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight767 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.