Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionHelping undergraduates in the analysis of genetic problems, this work emphasizes solutions, t just answers. The strategy is to provide the student with the essential steps and the reasoning involved in conducting the analysis, and throughout the book, an attempt is made to present a balanced account of genetics. Topics, therefore, center about Mendelian, cytogenetic, molecular, quantitative, and population genetics, with a few more specialized areas. Whenever possible, the student is provided with the appropriate basic statistics necessary to make some the analyses. The book also builds on itself; that is, analytical methods learned in early parts of the book are subsequently revisited and used for later analyses. A deliberate attempt is made to make complex concepts simple, and sometimes to point out that apparently simple concepts are sometimes less so on further investigation. Any student taking a genetics course will find this an invaluable aid to achieving a good understanding of genetic principles and practice.
- Author(s)Richard V. Kowles
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/06/2001
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight689 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.