All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionRecounts the life of two-time Academy Award winner, Ralph E. Winters, whose career spanned two-thirds of the 20th century. Drawing from his own ascent through MGM studio system, Winters guides the reader through a history of American film editing, beginning with its earliest days when film was torn by hand. An essential, entertaining nuts-and-bolts look at the mechanics of editing, as well as Hollywood life alongside such luminaries as Billy Wilder, Sam Zimbalist, and Blake Edwards-a must have for film buffs and moviegoers alike.
- Author BiographyRalph Winters earned two Academy Awards (for King Solomon's Mines and Ben-Hur) and a total of six nominations for best editing. He served on the Board of Governors at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for ten years, and has also been a member of the Board of Directors for the American Cinema Editors and the Editors Guild. He was President of The Film Editors Guild. He has lectured in numerous seminar programs and was presented with the American Cinema Editors Career Achievement Award in 1991.
- Author(s)Ralph E. Winters
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2001
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleThe Scarecrow Filmmakers Series
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note17 illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width149 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Volume editorLaurie Holz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.