All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over 50 years, Albert R. Broccoli's Eon Productions has navigated the ups and downs of the volatile British film industry, enduring both critical wrath and acclaim in equal measure for its w legendary James Bond series. Latterly, this family run business has been crowned with box office gold and recognised by motion picture academies around the world. However, it has t always been plain sailing. Changing financial regimes forced 007 to relocate to France and Mexico; changing fashions and politics led to box office disappointments; and changing studio regimes and business disputes all but killed the franchise. And the rise of competing action heroes has constantly questioned Bond's place in popular culture. But against all odds the filmmakers continue to wring new life from the series, and 2012's Skyfall saw both huge critical and commercial success, crowning 007 as the undisputed king of the action genre. Some Kind of Hero recounts this remarkable story, from its origins in the early '60s right through to the present day, and draws on hundreds of unpublished interviews with the cast and crew of this iconic series.
- Author BiographyMatthew Field is a film journalist with Cinema Retro magazine and an author, whose books include The Making of The Italian Job and Michael Caine: You re a Big Man.He was a consultant on the acclaimed James Bond documentary Everything or Nothing.Ajay Chowdhury is an attorney and has given legal consultation on motion picture, music, publishing, television, and theatrical projects. He was the associate producer on two feature films and has contributed to numerous books on James Bond including Goldeneye: Where Bond Was Born Ian Fleming and Jamaica. George Lazenby is an actor who played James Bond in the film On Her Majesty's Secret Service in 1969.
- Author(s)Ajay Chowdhury,Matthew Field
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, 8 black & white plates, 8 colour plates
- Weight1179 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Foreword byGeorge Lazenby
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.