Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSOME KISS WE WANT: Here within the pages of Some Kiss We Want are spiritual, mystical, and prophetic poems. Dorothy Walters poetic pilgrimage has taken her into the realms of the Christian Mystics, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, and the Abrahamic traditions. Drawing from all of these, she has created a realm of her own that is at once sacred, sensual, and meditative. These are poems that reviewers have hailed as beautiful and profound; rich with wisdom and insight, impassioned and powerfully engaging. Rumi, Krishnamurti, and Hildegard of Bingen would have all been welcomed at Dorothy Walters' table. Some Kiss We Want is sure to please t only lovers of poetry, but mystics, pilgrims, seekers, and anyone wedded to beauty of the ecstatic tradition. The poems in Some Kiss We Want distill a lifetime of allegiance to the Beloved Within in an alchemy of words reminiscent of Rumi, Hafiz, Kabir and others of that enduring tribe devoted to sacred poetry. These poems are transparent in construction, guiding the reader through the many stages of the mystic journey via the compelling voice of a contemporary poet.
- Author BiographyTHE AUTHOR: Dorothy Walters, PHD, taught college level English and American literature in various Midwestern universities for most of her professional life. In 1981, at age 53, she experienced spontaneous Kundalini awakening, with little or no prior knowledge or experience in such things as yoga or meditation. This event was the beginning of a long process, which led her through many subsequent episodes of ecstasy and pain as the energies sought to balance and integrate within. This ongoing process has in fact continued in one form or another up to the present, and thus it has been the focus of her attention, in terms of both her own continuing experience and personal research on the Kundalini phenomenon. She had no external guru or teacher to guide her on this most intimate journey, but rather relied on her own inner guru plus a few printed texts. In 1988, she took an early retirement from teaching and moved to San Francisco, where she lived for the next twenty-one years. While there, she met Andrew Harvey, the renowned spiritual teacher, who encouraged her to write spiritual poetry. She has now published five volumes of mystical verse, plus a spiritual autobiography. She recently celebrated her 87th birthday and looks forward to many more. She continues to write mystical poetry and to help those who are experiencing Kundalini awakening. Andrew Harvey recently did a video interview of her and this, along with an audio DVD of both reading the poems from Marrow of Flame, is available on his website as well as her blog. She is firmly convinced that Kundalini is the engine that will take us to the next stage of human evolution, and knows from her own experience that anything can happen to anyone anywhere at any time.
- Author(s)Dorothy Walters
- PublisherTayen Lane Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmooth Stones Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.