All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSome People Prefer Hotels gets its title from a grumpy old work colleague's comment when Nigel and his wife bought a motorhome. Whilst nervously driving to Cornwall for a week's holiday during the first heavy rainfall for months and the windscreen wipers stop working, it seemed he had a point. What with the rotten weather, wobbly campsite toilet pan, temperamental showers and being cooped up such a confined space with Monty, their faithful Border Terrier, surrounded by dripping wet weather gear and muddy boots, they start to think that buying a motorhome was a huge mistake. Luckily the weather improves, but as they explore some of Cornwall's most idyllic and historic places, some for the first time and others they'd been to before, if something could go wrong, it generally did...As well as expressing his candid and crotchety observations about their campsite experiences and life in general, the author also goes on a personal inner journey as sentimental old memories were triggered off by his motorhome holiday. If you haven't already done so, you might just be tempted to buy a motorhome and likewise take to the road. Or, there again, you may prefer hotels! Reminiscent of Bill Bryson's style, Some People Prefer Hotels is the perfect read for motorhomers! 5% of proceeds of this book will be donated to cancer charities.
- Author(s)Nigel Rowland Hicks
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.