Some Remarks on Education in General: And in America in Particular (Classic Reprint) by Ignace Boxhorn (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Some Remarks on Education in General: And in America in Particular There being nearly in every country a different view on this most important subject, I beg to submit to my readers my personal opinion, based on a good many years' experience. In order to really improve the moral and material condition of mankind, it is absolutely necessary to begin by giving to children the proper means for existence, in cultivating their body and mind at the same time. There must be a certain balance and harmony kept between the two latter, otherwise you can never attain your purpose. As the feebler sex forms, as a rule, the majority contributing mostly to the propagation of the human race, I first call your attention to children who belong to this class. As soon as they are born they should, if possible, be urished exclusively at their own mother's breast, and t at any stranger's; and still less brought up with artificial beverages, such as condensed milk, etc., there being thing in the world to replace nature, which gave to females a fountain spouting with sparkling nectar of health and love. The child which is urished and brought up by its own mother is generally the most healthy and beloved. If there is any absolute necessity for having some other person to nurse your child, then you must be very careful in your selection, because, I think, that nearly every child imbibes with its mother's milk a good many of her qualities, bad and good ones as well. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Ignace Boxhorn
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.