All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionA man far ahead of his time, Archbishop Edwin V. O'Hara of Kansas City (1881-1956) orchestrated numerous initiatives that profoundly affected American Catholic life. His ceaseless activity as both priest and bishop sowed seeds that flourished long past his lifetime, from liturgical reform to Bible study, campus ministry to social justice, minimum wage legislation to founding the National Catholic Rural Life Conference. The pastoral challenges he confronted in the first half of the last century--institutional complacency; disorganization among Catholics and reluctance to openly profess their faith; igrance of social justice principles; the defense of the Church in a sometimes hostile culture--all remain significant challenges for the American Church today. Timothy Michael Dolan, Archbishop of New York, researched and composed this biography in the early 1990s and continues to cite O'Hara as his role model of an immensely effective bishop. In an effort to revisit the pioneering work of church leaders, this book is published for the first time in paperback and features a new preface by Archbishop Dolan.
- Author BiographyTimothy Michael Dolan was named Archbishop of New York by Pope Benedict XVI in 2009 and currently serves as president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Prior to that, he served as Archbishop of Milwaukee, chairman of Catholic Relief Services, and faculty member of the Pontifical Gregorian University and the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas, USA.
- Author(s)Cardinal Timothy Michael Dolan
- PublisherThe Catholic University of America Press
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Catholic University of America Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.