Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the unique blend of truth and humor that made her first vel, What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day . . ., a huge bestseller, Pearl Cleage returns with an extraordinary vel that is rich in character, steeped in sisterhood, and bursting with unexpected love . . . and maybe just a little magic. Depending on the time of day, Regina Burns is a woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown or an overdue breakthrough. One shattered heart and six months of rehab have left her wary and shell-shocked especially with the prospect of taking a temporary consulting job in Atlanta, a move that would allow Regina to rescue the family home that she borrowed against when she was a stomp down dope fiend. Her stone-faced banker has grudgingly agreed to give her sixty days to settle her debts or lose the house. Returning to Atlanta is a big risk. Last time Regina was there, she lost track of who she was and what she wanted. There s a lot of emotional baggage with her new employer, Beth Davis. Can she really forgive Beth for breaking up her wedding plans on New Year s Eve because she just didn t think Regina was good eugh to marry her son? Meanwhile, Regina s visionary Aunt Abbie has told her to be on the lookout for a handsome stranger with the ocean in his eyes who has a bone to pick and a promise to keep. Then a blue-eyed brother appears on the streets of Afro-Atlanta wearing a black cashmere overcoat, flashing a dazzling smile, and lending a helping hand when Regina needs it most. But between falling for Blue Hamilton and dealing with Beth, secrets will emerge that will threaten to send her life twisting in surprising new directions. Like a conversation with a good friend, Some Things I Never Thought I d Do shares hope, love, and laugher. As always, it is Pearl Cleage s unforgettable characters and her gift for dialogue that will earn this provocative new vel a place in the hearts of her growing family of readers.
- Author BiographyPearl Cleage is the author of Mad at Miles: A Black Woman s Guide to Truth, Deals with the Devil and Other Reasons to Riot, and her bestselling debut novel, What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day.... An accomplished dramatist, her plays include Flyin West and Blues for an Alabama Sky. Ms. Cleage lives in Atlanta with her husband. To schedule a speaking engagement, please contact American Program Bureau at www.apbspeakers.com
- Author(s)Pearl Cleage
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight244 g
- Width135 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st Trade Pbk. Ed
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.