All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionRosamond Bernier has lived an unusually full life remarkable for its vividness and diversity of experience and she has kwn many (one is tempted to say all) of the greatest artists and composers of the twentieth century.In Some of My Lives, Bernier has made a kind of literary scrapbook from an extraordinary array of writings, ranging from diary entries to her many contributions to the art journal L'OEIL, which she cofounded in 1955. The result is a multifaceted self-portrait of a life informed and surrounded by the arts.Through the stories of her encounters with some of the twentieth century's great artists and composers including Pablo Picasso, Leonard Bernstein, Max Ernst, Aaron Copeland, Malcolm Lowry, and Karl Lagerfeld we come to understand the sheer richness of Bernier's experiences, interactions, and memories. The result is pithy, hilarious, and wise a richly rewarding chronicle of many lives fully lived.
- Author BiographyRosamond Bernier was born in Philadelphia and was educated in France, England, and America. In 1955, she cofounded the influential art magazine L'OEIL, which featured the works of the masters of the School of Paris. A renowned lecturer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Rosamond Bernier was named for life to the International Best-Dressed List.
- Author(s)Rosamond Bernier
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication11/10/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width161 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.