All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis expertly revised and enlarged survey is the perfect architectural companion to one of England's most beautiful regions. From the misty Levels to the heights of Exmoor and the Mendips, the Somerset landscape is enriched by buildings of outstanding quality and interest. The early medieval ruins of Glastonbury Abbey and the Elizabethan great house of Montacute are among the finest works of their time. Also famous are the lavishly decorated church towers of the Perpendicular period, such as those at Taunton, Evercreech, and Huish Episcopi. Many of these churches serve towns and villages of exceptional charm, marked by an unusual diversity of building stones and materials. From Porlock to Burnham-on-Sea, the ports and resorts of the long coastline all have their own distinctive architectural inheritance. Well-kept vernacular houses and other rural buildings complete the inland picture.
- Author BiographyJulian Orbach is an independent architectural historian.
- Author(s)Julian Orbach,Nikolaus Pevsner
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: Buildings of England
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 colour images + 70 b/w illustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width121 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.