All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionWritten from a child's point of view, this touching picture book centers around a ntraditional family of grandparents raising their grandchild. Sometimes It's Grandmas and Grandpas shares a child's experience living with and being cared for by grandparents through the eyes of a cheerful and delightful little girl. Uplifting watercolor illustrations give extra warmth to this caring and loving story, to which a growing number of children can identify--over 4.5 million children in the United States are primarily cared for by a grandparent. Poignant moments expressing the child's curiosity and questions give way to comforting and playful exchanges at home with Nonnie and Poppy. Spending the day with this grandparent--led family, we see that it's t always Mommies or Daddies that care for children, and that's okay! Sometimes It's Grandmas and Grandpas is the winner of the 2012 Book Award for Best Children's Literature on Aging in the primary reader category from the The K-12 Committee of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE). It provides a great resource for children who seek reassurance about their particular experience. This unique book will appeal to any grandparent raising or providing long--term care for a grandchild, as well as any teacher who wants to educate children about ntraditional families. Sometimes It's Grandmas and Grandpas sensitively addresses a topic that has been nearly absent in the children's book market, until w.
- Author BiographyGayle Byrne can usually be found reading with little ones at Killingworth Library, where she has been the Children's Librarian for ten years, or playing in the backyard with her granddaughter and their dog, Buddy. An award-winning educator, she previously taught English and Child Development. Byrne is an active member of Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and lives happily with her granddaughter, Jasmine, and Jazzy's Poppy in Connecticut. Mary Haverfield has been illustrating children's books for more than twenty years. Haverfield studied art at the University of Houston, Texas, and The Art Center College of Design in Los Angeles. She has illustrated more than ten picture books for children, including Harriett the Homeless Raccoon. She lives in Dallas with her husband, Pat.
- Author(s)Gayle Byrne
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note18 full-color illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width210 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mary Haverfield
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.