Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionProduced in a numbered limited edition of 350, this is a full-sized facsimile of Wharton Eshericks prototype of Walt Whitmans Song of the Broad-Axe. Each page is as produced by the artist, with hand lettering and illumination. Esherick illustrated the work with eighteen woodblock images that represent the artists vision and skill. Available for the first time to the public, this book is work of art, interpreting the power of Whitman's words in Esherick's unique and beautiful style. Each book is accompanied by a separate 8 x 11 restrike of his original woodcut Welcome are all the earth's lands, suitable for framing. Also included is an illustrated essay by Paul Eisenhauer, Curator of the Wharton Esherick Museum in Paoli, Pennsylvania, which gives a brief biography of Esherick and the historical background the book. All is contained in a custom cloth case to ensure its longevity as a treasured keepsake.
- Author BiographyAmerican artist and craftsman Wharton Esherick (18871970) is known primarily as a sculptor and furniture maker. His studio in Paoli, Pennsylvania, is open to the public as part of the Wharton Esherick Museum.
- Author(s)Walter Whitman
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note18 images
- Weight3175 g
- Width305 mm
- Height457 mm
- Spine60 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wharton Esherick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.