Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat will people think if you play Van Morrison at your funeral? When was the last time you listened to Pet Sounds? How does a mandolin solo illustrate or clarify the plight of Eskimos, anyway? In 26 song profiles that are hilarious, stalgic, and deeply personal, one of our greatest music critics reminds us how much pop songs affect our lives. After all, as Hornby says, There's something in us that is beyond the reach of words . . . It's the best part of us, probably, the richest and strangest part. At long last, this deluxe, limited-edition reprint of Hornby's National Book Critic's Circle Award-minated book will reprise its original form: a square-shaped, intimate, Marcel Dzama-illustrated ode to the lasting joys of the fleeting art of pop music.
- Author BiographyNick Hornby is the author of six novels, the most recent of which is Juliet, Naked, and a memoir, Fever Pitch. He is a finalist for a National Book Critics Circle Award for music criticism, and editor of the short-story collection Speaking with the Angel. In 2010 Hornby's screenplay for An Education was nominated for an Academy Award. He lives in North London.
- Author(s)Nick Hornby
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width160 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.