All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn extraordinary repertoire featuring 28 Jewish nursery rhymes, lullabies, and songs originating from the Ashkenazic, Sephardic, and Yemenite communities are collected by Nathalie Sousanna and admirably illustrated by Beatrice Alemagna. The lyrics in Hebrew, Judeo-Spanish, Yiddish, and Arabic are first reproduced in the original alphabets, then transcribed into Roman characters and translated into English. Additional tes on the origin and cultural context of each song as well as on the Klezmer music are also included.
- Author BiographyNathalie Soussana is the writer and producer of the shows A l'ombre de l'olivier, Romances de Paris, and Silence on tourne and participated in the show Schubert et plus . . . si affinites staged at the Theatre du Renard in Paris. She is also author of the album Berceuses et comptines de Babouchkao. Beatrice Alemagna has published more than 20 albums and has been awarded several prestigious prizes, including the Figures Futur de Montreuil (France), the Attention Talent-FNAC (France), the Prix Octogones (France), the Prix Andersen (Italy), the Prix Chronos (France), two selections for the Prix Baobab du Salon du Livre jeunesse de Montreuil (France), the Bologna Ragazzi Award in Italy (special mention), the Prix de l'album illustre de Rueil (France), and the Book Award in Taipei (Taiwan).
- PublisherSecret Mountain
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSecret Mountain
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width208 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Beatrice Alemagna
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-Audio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.