All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStanding outside a preschool playground, watching children at play, we may catch a fleeting glimpse of something other than the tears of angels. These young lives are far from the horizons established for us adults by television talk shows and popular magazines. They have goals or plans, programs of self-talk, self-awareness, or stress reduction; they are simply living life. They are like the lilies of the field; they are clothed with the splendor of living without any concern for tomorrow. When they fall, their tears are without shame. When someone hurts them, they hurt back without enduring resentment. They kw what they want. When they love, they love without restraint, and their anger is devoid of malice. In realizing their smallness in a huge world, and discerning loves inefficiency, fear eclipses their hearts causing them to die as children and in so doing they become adults, seeking out programs of self-talk, self-awareness, and stress reduction, desperately looking for a way to resurrect the mystery of life they had once kwn. In Songs of Life, a grandfather rediscovers the simple joys and meanings of living by playing with his grandson, and through that experience recognizes what he lost of himself in becoming an adult.
- Author BiographyEugene N. Smith is the father of four grown children, and one grandson, Kaleb. He has been married to his beautiful wife, Cynthia, for more than thirty years, living in southern California. He holds a Ph.D. in Counseling. The author has one simple belief; the purpose of life is to live it!
- Author(s)Eugene N Smith,N Smith Eugene N Smith
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.