All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition contains a video that shows the collaboration process at work in the creation of new songs! Songwriting: The Words, the Music, and the Money , 2nd edition, covers the creative aspects of writing song lyrics and melodies and provides information about song forms from folk to rock to cabaret and hip-hop. It also contains a considerable amount of updated material about placing songs in film and on television, the process of collaborating with other writers, and performing rights organizations. In addition to an accompanying CD, a DVD shows two song collaborations, one with two writers and the other with three. The book is an effective instructional tool for beginning and intermediate songwriters and provides food for thought for more experienced writers.
- Author BiographyDick Weissman is a songwriter and composer who has written over 100 recorded songs and instrumental pieces. His songs have appeared on the NBC-TV show My Name Is Earl and on BBC TV, and his instrumental music has appeared on the Biography Channel and on BBC TV. Weissman has also written two movie scores and songs for several theatrical productions. He has taught songwriting at the University of Colorado at Denver, Portland Community College, and the University of Oregon. He has also held workshops on music publishing for the Portland Songwriters Association, the West Coast Songwriters, the Colorado Music Association, and the Puget Sound Songwriters. Weissman has written 18 published books about music and the music industry, including Making a Living in Your Local Music Market: Realizing Your Marketing Potential and Understanding the Music Business.
- Author(s)Dick Weissman
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHal Leonard Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations and Photos
- Weight663 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Performance - spoken word) and DVD
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.