All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1930s the unexplored territory of New Guinea is the last unkwn in a world that has run out of mystery. The exploration of the ?Roof of the World? remains the last great challenge. The Canberra government is determined to carry out its ?Pax Australia? policy to explore, pacify and exploit the region. Australian Patrol Officers Jack Reed and Tim O?Rourke command an expedition to discover an inland route up the Fly River, cross the highlands, and down the Purari River to the coast; a journey into the ?Never Never.? Along the way, they encounter primeval rainforest, majestic mountain ranges, and enchanting rivers to discover Shangi-La, a hauntingly beautiful valley occupied by a gentle people. More often they are beset by hostile tribes, sorcerers, starvation, disease, and natural disasters. The patrol officers and the native Constabulary are marked by their heroic quest and the future courses of their lives are altered forever. The patrolmen become a bridge between the tribes they meet and the outside world. Each becomes a true son of the topics. Australian Patrol Officers Jack Reed and Tim O?Rourke command an expedition to discover an inland route up the Fly River, cross the highlands, and down the Purari River to the coast; a journey into the ?Never Never, ? the last unkwn territory of the ?Roof of the World? in New Guinea. The party of officers, Constabulary and native porters encounter unimaginable tests from nature and tribes. They portage rivers, cross formidable mountains, and endure earthquakes, landslides, and floods. They trade with headhunters, are ambushed by pygmies, and cursed by sorcerers. Forever marked by their heroic quest, each becomes a true son of the tropics.
- Author(s)Wayne Parrish
- PublisherMorro Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorro Press
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.