All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAn impressive book dedicated to the invative designs of Sony, a trailblazer in personal electronics and pioneer of the legendary and highly successful WALKMAN(R), Handycam(R), and other portable electronics. Emerging from the ashes of the Second World War, Sony Corporation pioneered the miniaturization of electronics and created some of the most invative techlogies of the post war period. Following the model of one of its founders, Masaru Ibuka established Sony with the goal of doing what had never been done before. Beginning with the TR-63 from 1957, the world's first truly pocket-sized transistor radio, Sony launched the consumer microelectronics industry and gave rise to some of the most memorable products that transformed the way billions of people consume media. Notable for their ease of use, Sony's products embody the utility of good design and have themselves become objects of desire. This book beautifully catalogues their vast achievements in design and impact on global culture for almost seventy years. In-depth case studies from Sony's archives on the development of the WALKMAN, the Handycam, the flat-screen TV, and the PlayStation make this the definitive history of Sony design. Through Sony's relentless pursuit of invation, this book is a tribute to the passion that continues to live on in their products today. With a stunning cover and interior design inspired by some of the most memorable Sony products, this book is a must-have for design and techlogy enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyIan Luna is the author of several books on fashion, architecture, urbanism, and industrial design. Deyan Sudjic is the director of the Design Museum in London. Chip Kidd is an author, editor, and graphic designer.
- Author(s)Deyan Sudjic,Ian Luna
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note300 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight1746 g
- Width216 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.