Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume addresses topics related to the nature of the stress response, the role of environment in individual differences in stress, and the different strategies used for coping with stressful events. The chapters present theoretical and empirical work focused on a wide range of issues related to stress, soothing, and coping. Authored by recognized authorities with invative research programs in the field, this volume addresses topics from diverse perspectives in child development, clinical psychology, pediatrics, psychophysiology, and psychobiology. Adaptive and maladaptive outcomes of stress and coping are addressed in various pediatric, medical, and clinical populations. This book also covers recent research on the effects of both prenatal and postnatal stress on subsequent coping, stress reactivity, and socioemotional functioning in the human and nhuman primate. With this diversity of papers, this volume should be of special value to child development professionals with interests in behavioral and physiological approaches to temperament, emotional expression, and emotional regulation; to those interested in mother-child interaction; and to researchers and clinicians in many different disciplines.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDouglas S. Ramsay,Michael Lewis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.