CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionI'm going to Antarctica and I can't wait! Sophie Scott is only nine years old, but she's going to Antarctica on an icebreaker with her dad, the ship's captain. During the voyage to Mawson Station and back, Sophie keeps a diary. She sees icebergs, penguins, seals and whales. She makes new friends, experiences the southern lights and even becomes stranded in a blizzard! Children's Laureate and much-loved picture-book creator Alison Lester travelled to Antarctica as an Antarctic Arts Fellow. Her alter ego, Sophie Scott, goes on the same adventure in a friendly, informative and beautifully presented book that sees the wonder of Antarctica through a child's eyes.
- Author BiographyAlison Lester is one of Australia's most popular and bestselling creators of children's books. She has won many awards, including the 2005 Children's Book Council of Australia Picture Book of the Year Award for Are We There Yet? Her most recent picture books include Running With the Horses, a story based on the evacuation of the world-famous Lipizzaner horses from the Spanish Riding School in Vienna during the second world war, and One Small Island, about the life and times of a World Heritage Listed island.
- Author(s)Alison Lester
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintViking Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.