All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a trip to the farmers' market with her parents, Sophie chooses a squash, but instead of letting her mom cook it, she names it Bernice. From then on, Sophie brings Bernice everywhere, despite her parents' gentle warnings that Bernice will begin to rot. As winter nears, Sophie does start to tice changes.... What's a girl to do when the squash she loves is in trouble? The recipient of four starred reviews, an Ezra Jack Keats New Writer Hor, and a Charlotte Zolotow Hor, Sophie's Squash will be a fresh addition to any collection of autumn books.
- Author BiographyPAT ZIETLOW MILLER received an Ezra Jack Keats New Writer Honor for Sophie's Squash, her picture book debut, which was published to four starred reviews and named a Charlotte Zolotow Honor Book. The book is based on a true story Pat's own daughter, Sonia, once loved a squash. She lives in Madison, Wisconsin. Visit the author at patzietlowmiller.com. ANNE WILSDORF is the illustrator of numerous books for children, including Dogs on the Bed by Elizabeth Bluemle, The Best Story by Eileen Spinelli, Alligator Sue by Sharon Arms Doucet, and the Ruby Lu series by Lenore Look. She lives and works in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Pat Zietlow Miller
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width211 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anne Wilsdorf
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $36.11Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.