All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSor Juana Ines de la Cruz (1651-1695) was a feminist and a woman ahead of her time. She was very much a public intellectual and her contemporaries called her the Tenth Muse and the Phoenix of Mexico , names that continue to resonate. This self-taught intellectual rose to the height of fame as a writer in Mexico City during the Spanish Golden Age. The volume includes Sor Juana's best-kwn works, including First Dream , which showcases her prodigious intellect and range and Response of the Poet to the Very Eminent Sor Filotea de la Cruz , her epistolary feminist defence of a woman's right to study and to write. Thirty other works are also included.
- Author BiographyAcclaimed for her best-selling translations of Cervantes, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and Mario Vargas Llosa, Edith Grossman has received many awards including the PEN/Ralph Manheim Medal for Translation. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Sister Juana Ines de la Cruz
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight390 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byEdith Grossman
- Introduction byJulia Alvarez
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.