All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe Babylonian Talmud and the Jerusalem Talmud show a myriad of sorrowful situations in various levels and circumstances and a variety of human behavior in these situations. The causes and expressions of sorrow amongst the Sages are different from its parallels amongst common people or women. The descriptions of sorrow vary between the Babylonian and the Jerusalem Talmud. Sorrow and Distress in the Talmud discusses more than 50 stories from both the Babylonian and the Jerusalem Talmud focusing on those issues.
- Author BiographyShulamit Valler (Ph.D. Jewish Theological Seminary) is a professor of Talmud and Chair of the Jewish History department at the University of Haifa. Her numerous publications include Women and Womanhood in the Babylonian Talmud (1999) and Massekhet Sukkah-a Feminist Commentary on the Babylonian Talmud (2009).
- Author(s)Shulamit Valler
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Hebrew
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleJudaism and Jewish Life
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.