All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoul Exercises, 1903 - 1924 (CW 267) The whole world stands facing the human soul - dark, unkwn as the blue of the sky. But what is unkwn comes. The human soul must feel this coming as its own extinguishing. Sensing this self-extinguishing is followed by the right to re-create oneself anew from the outer world that has been absorbed... I am 'I.' Rudolf Steiner made it his task to teach thing that he had t experienced himself and always encouraged others to make individual spiritual-meditative research the basis of their spiritual lives. Therefore he gave many spiritual exercises to his pupils who asked for them. This was especially the case during the period of the Esoteric School (1904-1914), which closed with the outbreak of World War I, which made a certain kind of esoteric work impossible. Steiner, however, continued to give individuals exercises and meditations in private conversations until 1924, when his health longer allowed it. Usually he would write all instructions out by hand. A few were communicated verbally. Although every exercise originated in a particular context, he believed that because the same conditions apply to all who take up this path of training, in principle the exercises should be available in the widest possible context. Beginning with general rules and conditions (the so-called supplementary exercises), meditations for the days of the week, and morning and evening exercises, Soul Exercises collects all of the word and symbol meditation exercises Steiner gave. This includes nine groups of exercises based on Mabel Collins' Light on the Path and a multitude of exercises with individually composed meditative verses. The book concludes with explanations and contextual commentary relating to the exercises, including tes on the value of symbolic ideas on the path of spiritual schooling; the Rose Cross meditation; the verse More radiant than the Sun ; the backward review (Ruckshau); contemplation of one's own divine ideal; and alcohol and diet. Soul Exercises is an essential help to all who take up the anthroposophic path of inner work. This volume is a translation from German of Seelenubungen: Band I. Ubungen mit Wort- und Sinnbild-Meditationen zur methodischen Entwicklung hoherer Erkenntniskrafte, 1904 - 1924 (GA 267). Cover art: De tio storsta, n 2 (1907) by Hilma af Klint (1862-1944), Swedish artist and mystic.
- Author BiographyRudolf Steiner (1861-1925) called his spiritual philosophy 'anthroposophy', meaning 'wisdom of the human being'. As a highly developed seer, he based his work on direct knowledge and perception of spiritual dimensions. He initiated a modern and universal 'science of spirit', accessible to anyone willing to exercise clear and unprejudiced thinking. spacer spacer From his spiritual investigations Steiner provided suggestions for the renewal of many activities, including education (both general and special), agriculture, medicine, economics, architecture, science, philosophy, religion and the arts. Today there are thousands of schools, clinics, farms and other organizations involved in practical work based on his principles. His many published works feature his research into the spiritual nature of the human being, the evolution of the world and humanity, and methods of personal development. Steiner wrote some 30 books and delivered over 6000 lectures across Europe. In 1924 he founded the General Anthroposophical Society, which today has branches throughout the world.
- Author(s)Rudolf Steiner
- PublisherAnthroposophic Press Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSteinerBooks, Inc
- Weight1315 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Translated byMatthew Barton
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.