All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoul fire, life's inextinguishable flame of the true self, burns throughout eternity with God-imparted energy. It warms the world with beauty and love; it sings and paints and dances and prays. Seeking energy in others and burning more brightly in relationship, it imparts but never gives out. It is fire of the divine spirit infused through flesh, and frailty or affliction can douse it. Pure love is its infinite source. It blazes with the colors of God. These same colors are seen in the wonders of our world: sunsets' glow, tender green of spring, ashen gray of clouds, vibrant hues of gardens, dark patterns in the grain of woods. The Unseen Hand paints from the reservoir of Heaven. We must learn to feel this fire, to see these shades in others; to kw them as eternal souls with cores of unfathomable elemental riches. Seeing their true selves, we must celebrate life in them, with them. And if flesh or mind should fail, we must affirm the light within, seeking to spread its warmth and glow through deepened relationship. We must lift the torch of personhood for all. This book is produced in celebration of the fire which burns in and through us and those we love; even in the grandeur of creation. It gives gratitude to God for personhood and kinship, and for the immeasurable gift of this world, through which we may behold, even today, the creative mastermind at work.
- Author BiographyDaniel C. Potts, M.D. is a noted neurologist, author, educator and champion of those with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and their caregivers. He was chosen by the American Academy of Neurology as the 2008 Donald M. Palatucci Advocate of the Year. Inspired by his father's transformation from saw miller to watercolor artist in the throes of dementia through person-centered care and the expressive arts, Dr. Potts seeks to make these therapies more widely available through his foundation, Cognitive Dynamics (www.cognitivedynamics.org). Additionally he is passionate about promoting self-preservation and dignity for all persons with cognitive impairment.
- Author(s)Daniel C Potts M D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.