All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
About this product
- DescriptionShe lost her arm in a shark attack and nearly died, but she never lost her faith. Now a major motion picture, Soul Surferis the moving story of Bethany Hamilton s triumphant return to competitive surfing and has continued to be a beacon of inspiration to all who hear it. They say Bethany Hamilton has saltwater in her veins. How else could one explain the passion that drives her to surf? Or that thing t even the loss of her arm could come between her and the waves? That Halloween morning in Kauai, Hawaii, Bethany responded to the shark s stealth attack with the calm of a teenage girl with God on her side, resolutely pushing aside her pain and panic while being rescued and brought back to shore. When can I surf again? was the first thing Bethany asked after her emergency surgery, leaving doubt that her spirit and determination were part of a greater story a tale of personal empowerment and spiritual grit that shows the body is more essential to surfing, perhaps even less so, than the soul.
- Author BiographyBethany Hamilton, whom YM magazine called the Bravest Girl in America, has been surfing since she was a toddler. After her shark attack, she returned to competitive surfing and in 2005 took first place in the NSSA National Championships. Now a professional surfer, she is currently ranked among the top women in the world. As well as receiving the 2004 Teen Choice Award for Courage and the 2004 ESPY award for Best Comeback Athlete, she makes many television and other event appearances. Recently, she launched Friends of Bethany, an organization dedicated to supporting and encouraging shark attack survivors and traumatic amputees along with presenting inspiring life stories through movies, projects, and activities.
- Author(s)Bethany Hamilton
- PublisherOasis Audio, Div of Domain Communications
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationIllinois
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOasis Audio, Div of Domain Communications
- Weight177 g
- Width165 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Narrator(s)Eleni Pappageorge
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time232
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.