Soul Sword: The Way and Mind of a Zen Warrior by Vernon Kitabu Turner (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about conquering fear. Roshi Kitabu (writing as Vern Kitabu Turner) kws from personal experience how to overcome fear. As a child, he cowered before neighbourhood bullies until finally he was driven to find his courage because he had to defend his brother. From that point he resolved to help anyone in need, and began to study martial arts. As a result of an extraordinary act of synchronicity, he met a Japanese Zen master, and shortly afterwards experienced an epiphany (satori), by which he understood that it is the soul that controls the body: 'in a blaze of light, I immediately understood the secret of self-defense from the inside out.' With virtually training in the martial arts, he became a master - and after a sensational 'trial by combat' he was made a 'black belt'. Roshi Kitabu shares his secret - and explains that this power exists in everyone. He shows the steps that must be taken to cultivate the Warrior Mind - involving a direct flow from the Soul (your inherent spiritual power) into action. 'Before you can begin to control a possible assailant, you must take control of your thoughts. A warrior must believe in his ability to win.' This has become a truism for all serious practitioners of martial arts - but its message applies equally to all the obstacles that one encounters in life: truly the soul houses the sword. Through diligent practice, we can sharpen ourselves to a razor's edge and learn to cut though any obstacle as it arises.
- Author BiographyAs a young man Vernon Kitabu Turner discovered poetry for self-expression and martial arts for self-defence. His initiation by Zen master Nomura-Roshi in 1967 changed his writing and made him a true Bushido warrior. Throughout his life, he has continued to develop his writing as both a journalist and a poet. He is an ordained Christian Minister, and is recognised as a spiritual teacher by Master Sant Kesavadas of the Vishwah Dharma Mandira. He has been called 'one of the most prominent voices of our time' in the international anthology The Way Ahead, which featured his work along with that of the Dalai Lama and Nobel Laureate Vaclav Havel. He lives in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA.
- Author(s)Vernon Kitabu Turner
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication14/04/2010
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Weight249 g
- Width125 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.