Sound Reporting: The NPR Guide to Audio Journalism and Production by Jonathan Kern (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps you've always wondered how public radio gets that smooth, well-crafted sound. Maybe you're thinking about starting a podcast and want some tips from the pros. Or maybe storytelling has always been a passion of yours, and you want to learn to do it more effectively. Whatever the case - whether you're an avid NPR listener or you aspire to create your own audio, or both - Sound Reporting: The NPR Guide to Audio Journalism and Production will give you a rare tour of the world of a professional broadcaster.Jonathan Kern, who has trained NPR's on-air staff for years, is a gifted guide, able to narrate a day in the life of a host and lay out the nuts and bolts of production with equal wit and warmth. Along the way, he explains the importance of writing the way you speak, reveals how NPR books guests ranging from world leaders to neighborhood newsmakers, and gives sage advice on everything from proposing stories to editors to maintaining balance and objectivity. Best of all - because NPR wouldn't be NPR without its array of distinctive voices - lively examples from popular shows and colorful anecdotes from favorite personalities animate each chapter.As public radio's audience of millions can attest, NPR's unique guiding principles and technical expertise combine to connect with listeners like other medium can. With today's techlogies allowing more people to turn their home computers into broadcast studios, Sound Reporting couldn't have arrived at a better moment to reveal the secrets behind the story of NPR's success.
- Author BiographyJonathan Kern is the executive producer for training at NPR. He has worked in almost every position in radio news, including executive producer of All Things Considered.
- Author(s)Jonathan Kern
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication18/07/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight530 g
- Width165 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.80Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $78.96Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $21.66Trending at AU $22.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.