All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom one of the world's leading acoustics experts, this nuts-and-bolts book offers complete instructions and guidance for building your own inexpensive sound studio. Anyone with a discerning ear and a modicum of electronics skills can follow the clear plans for 10 designs, which include a voice-over recording studio; recording studios for modern, classical, and rock music; a home theater; small anunce booth; control room; and music listening room. All projects are fully illustrated and accompanied by complete part lists.
- Author BiographyF. Alton Everest is a legend in the world of sound. The creator of numerous technical innovations, and the author of scores of books and scholarly papers, he has been a leader in television engineering, sound recording, motion pictures, radio, and multimedia. A co-founder and director of the Science Film Production division of the Moody Institute of Science, he was also a section chief of the Subsea Sound Research section of the University of California. An educator who has taught at several leading institutions, he has consulted on acoustics to numerous industries for nearly 30 years. Having touched many of the technical highlights of the 20th century, he celebrated his 90th birthday in 1999. He and his wife live in Santa Barbara, California.
- Author(s)F. Alton Everest
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/1996
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note240 illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.