Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSound for Film and Television, Third Edition provides a thorough introduction to the fascinating field of recording, editing, mixing, and exhibiting film and television sound. It strikes a fine balance between aesthetic and technical content, combining theory and practice to approach sound as both an art and a science. This new edition has been completely updated to reflect the latest advances in HD techlogy, new hardware and software systems, new distribution methods, wireless sound capture, and more. Also, analog-related content has been reduced and transferred to the chapters covering historical techniques. Sections on troubleshooting and FAQs have been added to help you avoid common pitfalls in sound production. Written by one of Hollywood's leading sound experts, Sound for Film and Television provides a solid grounding in all aspects of the sound process. Basic principles are presented with illustrations demonstrating how they affect the day-to-day activities on a film or television set, in the editing room, and in the mix room. The accompanying audio DVD contains more than 50 tracks that demonstrate practical, real-world examples of key concepts presented in the book. A companion Web site provides further resources and information: www.focalpress.com/cw/holman-9780240813301/ Please use the access code located in the beginning of the book to register for access to the Web site.
- Author BiographyTomlinson Holman is President of TMH Corporation and one of the prominent figures in audio today. He is widely known for his development of new products and processes in the field of audio and video, including the THX Sound System, Home THX (with his patents licensed to more than 45 companies), and the THX Digital Mastering program developed while he was Corporate Technical Director at Lucasfilm, Ltd. He has won career achievement awards from CAS and the Custom Electronics Design and Installation Association. Mr. Holman is a Fellow of the Audio Engineering Society, the British Kinematograph Sound and Television Society, and the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers. He is Co-Chairman of the Audio Engineering Society Task Force on High-Capacity Audio.
- Author(s)Tomlinson Holman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2010
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 75 black & white halftones
- Weight635 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.