All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1989, in response to Richard Schenk's doctoral dissertation, Josef Ratzinger wrote that the only way to bring fresh wind into systematic theology is to connect looking back at the great masters in the history of the faith with questioning anew and more profoundly in the horizon of our times. Soundings in the History of a Hope offers Schenk's experimental attempts to meet these requirements for the renewal of systematics, looking above all to St. Thomas Aquinas and some of his patristic sources,contemporary critics, and later readers in order to retrieve seminal ideas for addressing issues that would continue to develop after Thomas's time. The essays in this volume examine interreligious relationality, hope and doubt, human labor and mortality, structures of nature, movements of history, and events of grace and failure-between the gaudium et spes of today's world and its many sorrows and worries.
- Author BiographyRichard Schenk, OP is a member of the Western Province of the Dominican Order (United States) and President of the Katholische Universitat Eichstatt-Ingolstadt.
- Author(s)Richard Schenk
- PublisherAve Maria University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAve Maria University Press
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.