All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharacters and plot developments, similarly, are enhanced by their musical accompaniment. The different scoring strategies employed in supernatural and horror-based genres, comprising for example True Blood and Supernatural, are considered alongside cult shows set in our reality, such as Dexter, The Sopras and 24. These discussions are complimented by in-depth case studies of musical approaches in two high-profile series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Hannibal. Written from a musicological standpoint but fully accessible to n-musicologists, the book significantly advances television and music studies.
- Author BiographyJanet K. Halfyard is Associate Professor at Birmingham Conservatoire, Birmingham City University, where she teaches film music, twentieth-century music and contemporary music. She is author of Danny Elfman's Batman: A Film Score Guide (2004), and co-editor of Music, Sound and Silence in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Author(s)Janet K. Halfyard
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleInvestigating Cult TV Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 bw integrated
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.