Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about music improvisation. It forges exciting and provocative new links between a range of theories and practices in texts that explore topics as varied as object-oriented ontology, game theory, ethical responsibility and breath. In improvisatory fashion, this book has been edited so that it weaves the texts amongst each other, subversively inserting a tactile piece of text - a text interlaced, as a woven cloth, among the contributing authors. The writings in this volume are both timely and diverse, exploring as they do an array of interdisciplinary and critical discourses, thereby illuminating the field of improvisation from different perspectives within the radical and diverse contexts that undercut contemporary improvisation studies and practices. It consists of eight chapters as researched by practising musicians and theorists and an introduction by one of the most inspiring improvisers of our generation - Evan Parker.
- Author BiographyFranziska Schroeder is a saxophonist and theorist. Her research interests include performance and digital media, critical theory and improvisation. Franziska is a Lecturer at the School of Creative Arts, Sonic Arts Research Centre at Queen's University Belfast, where she teaches Performance, Improvisation and Critical Theory. Micheal O hAodha is a Visiting Lecturer in the Department of History, University of Limerick, Ireland. He has published more than 100 books in both Irish and English on the history of Irish migration, Irish outsider groups and nationalist history. In addition, his research interests include technological innovations with a view to enhancing the access of non-traditional students in the education sector. His books have been published with Palgrave, Irish Academic Press and Cambridge Scholars Publishing, among other publishers. He is a regular contributor to the Irish-language columns of The Irish Times and the Dublin Review of Books.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFranziska Schroeder,Micheal O hAodha
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.