CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis tantalizing collection of 365 recipes offers a soup for each day of the year. From January to December, you'll find daily inspiration and a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving or fit any occasion. From refreshing gazpachos in summer to slow-simmered stews in winter, light broths with odles and greens in spring to warming root vegetable purees come fall, a delicious option awaits. With this book as your guide, find the perfect soup to match each season's ingredients, weather, and sensibility. Endlessly versatile, soup is perfect for any season and every occasion. What better way to capture the essence of spring than by simmering freshly shelled peas and fava beans in a fragrant broth accented by bracing mint and refreshing lemon zest? In summer, a cool gazpacho made by whirling perfectly ripe tomatoes, juicy cucumbers, and vibrant red peppers is fitting for a hot and humid day pot necessary! When the air turns brisk, soup urishes and satisfies like other dish. In autumn, white beans mingle with sturdy greens in satisfying, peasant-style pots, and starchy squashes and root vegetables blend into silky purees. Winter brings even more soul-warming fare, such as chilis and stews featuring sausages and other hearty meats and thick vegetable soups scented with woodsy herbs. Williams-Soma Soup of the Day offers a tantalizing collection of 365 soup recipes: one for each day of the year. Colorful calendars at the beginning of each chapter offer an at-a-glance view of the dishes best suited for the ingredients, occasions, and typical weather of the month. From January to December, you ll find a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving, and match any meal ranging from a quick weeknight supper to an elegant dinner party. A handful of the recipes are even appropriate for the holiday table, while others are perfect for using up a leftover roast or chicken. Notes accompanying each recipe offer ideas for ingredient variations, garnishes, and other helpful tips. All of the soups can be dressed up or dressed down; served in rustic earthenware mugs or on heirloom china; garnished with a flourish of fried herbs or dollop of pesto, or stripped down to the bare, tasty essentials the possibilities are endless, but always delicious. Full-color photographs enhance many of the recipes inside to help guide your cooking. You can start your soup-making journey at any time just open this book, check the calendar, and you ll be inspired to create a new soup du jour every day of the year.
- Author BiographyKate McMillan is chef and owner of an eponymous catering company and an instructor at Tante Marie s Cooking School in San Francisco. After nine years of working as an event planner and in advertising sales at Vogue, Glamour, and People magazines, Kate decided to seriously pursue her passion for food by attending the California Culinary Academy and graduated from Tante Marie Cooking School in San Francisco where she honed her culinary skills. She began taking small catering jobs while in culinary school and has since grown her business to include everything from casual dinner parties for 8 to passed hors d oeuvres soirees for 400. Kate lives in San Francisco with her five-year-old twins Emily and Grace, who already enjoy helping in the kitchen (especially when it involves cupcake batter). Erin Kunkel is an award-winning food and lifestyle photographer who works around the world, and calls the foggy outerlands of San Francisco home. When she s not behind the camera, she can be found gardening, cooking and dreaming of warm water surf spots.
- Author(s)Kate McMillan
- PublisherWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Out-of-print date10/05/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1456 g
- Width221 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Photographer(s)Erin Kunkel
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.