All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGain a thorough understanding of the critical role of purchasing in the supply chain with one of today's leading-edge strategy and purchasing books- SOURCING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, 5E, International Edition. This turnkey solution provides current and complete coverage that makes it t only a useful book, but also a valuable professional reference tool. This edition presents the most recent critical developments in the field as well as the impact of the recent recession and ongoing business uncertainty on today's supply chain. This leading author team draws from firsthand experience and their relationships with executives and practitioners worldwide to present numerous cases, memorable examples, and unique insights that enable readers to better understand today's purchasing process.
- Author BiographyJames L. Patterson, Ph.D., C.P.M., A.P.P., is Assistant Dean and Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management in the College of Business and Technology at Western Illinois University - Quad Cities. A Michigan State University Ph.D. alumnus in SCM, he holds lifetime C.P.M. and A.P.P. credentials from the Institute for Supply Management. He also serves as President of the Quad-City Foreign Trade Zone #133 and has twice been honored as Outstanding Teacher of the Year for WIU's CBT and four times in WHO'S WHO AMONG AMERICA'S TEACHERS. He is a long-standing reviewer for the JOURNAL OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT. Dr. Patterson's research interests include supply chain risk management, supply chain fraud, buyer-supplier relationships, negotiation and conflict resolution, and sourcing strategy. Robert M. Monczka, Ph.D., is the former Distinguished Research Professor of Supply Chain Management in the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University and Professor Emeritus at the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management, Michigan State University. He also served as director of Strategic Sourcing and Supply Chain Strategy Research at CAPS Research, where he led initiatives focused on sourcing and supply strategy innovation, development, and implementation. A frequent speaker at professional meetings, Dr. Monczka has published more than 200 books and articles. He has consulted worldwide with leading companies in the Fortune 100 and has received two National Science Foundation grants to study supply strategy. Robert B. Handfield, Ph.D., is Bank of America University Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management in the College of Management at North Carolina State University. He also is Co-Director of the Supply Chain Resource Cooperative (http:// scrc.ncsu.edu). Dr. Handfield serves as Consulting Editor of the Journal of Operations Management and is on the editorial board of several leading academic journals. His research focuses on strategic sourcing, supply market intelligence, supplier relationship management, and sourcing overseas. He has served in consulting and executive education roles for more than 20 Fortune 500 companies. Larry C. Giunipero, Ph.D., CPSM, CPM, is Professor of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management at Florida State University. He has published more than 60 articles in various academic journals. His research interests focus on supply management, including supply chain sourcing strategies and relationships, supply management skills and competencies, risk management, global sourcing, and e-purchasing. Dr. Giunipero has served as a consultant and/or executive trainer to more than 25 Fortune 1000 organizations both domestically and globally. He earned his Ph.D. at Michigan State University.
- Author(s)James Patterson,Larry C. Giunipero,Robert B. Handfield,Robert M. Monczka
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/05/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1500 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 5th revised ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.