All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description'A terrific nuts and bolts account of the real business of cooking as told from the trenches. No nsense. This is what it takes' ANTHONY BOURDAIN 'One of the most informative, funny and transparent books about the restaurant biz ever written' BRET EASTON ELLIS Sous Chef takes you behind the swinging doors of a busy restaurant kitchen, putting you in chef's shoes for an intense, high-octane twenty-four hours. Follow him from the moment he opens the kitchen in the morning, as he guides you through the meticulous preparation, the camaraderie in the hours leading up to service and the adrenalin-rush as the orders start coming in. Thrilling, addictive and bursting with mouth-watering detail, Sous Chef will leave you breathless and awestruck - walking into a restaurant will never be the same again.
- Author BiographyMichael Gibney began working in restaurants at the age of sixteen and assumed his first Sous Chef position at twenty-two. He moved up to Executive Sous Chef while at Tavern on the Green in New York, where he managed an eighty-person staff. Over the course of his career, he has had the opportunity to work alongside cooks and chefs from Noma, Mugaritz, El Bulli, the Fat Duck, Alinea, Per Se, Daniel, Jean Georges, Eleven Madison Park, Le Bernardin, Bouley, Ducasse, Corton, wd~50 and Momofuku among others. Gibney holds a BFA in painting from Pratt Institute and an MFA in nonfiction writing from Columbia University. He lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Michael J. Gibney
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight165 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.