All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding short stories from some of South Africa's best and most rewned writers (Nadine Gordimer, J.M. Coetzee, and Alan Paton, to name only a few), this collection accompanies readers to a recent, but altogether different South Africa, reflecting perspectives of both the oppressed and the oppressors. Some of the stories are previously unpublished, but all of them constitute examples of the most imaginative and provocative South African writing, from many disparate perspectives.
- Author BiographyIsabel Balseiro is the Alexander and Adelaide Hixon Professor of Humanities at Harvey Mudd College, in Claremont, California. Her publications on South Africa include To Change seels: Film and Film Culture in South Africa and the anthology Running Towards Us: New Writing from South Africa. Tobias Hecht is the author of At Home in the Street: Street Children of Northeast Brazil, which won the Margaret Mead Award, and After Life: An Ethnographic Novel. One of his short stories, written in Spanish, won second prize in Spain's Hucha de Oro, which carries the world's largest prize for a single piece of short fiction. An independent scholar, writer, and translator, he received his Ph.D. from Cambridge.
- PublisherWhereabouts Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleTraveler's Literary Companion
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhereabouts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight257 g
- Width127 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byIsabel Balseiro,Tobias Hecht
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.