Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of this full-colour and visually inspiring guide is a wealth of well-researched information and over 150 detailed recommendations, written by experts. From amazing flora and spectacular big game to the multi-cultural atmosphere in vibrant cities to sleepy little wine towns and wonderful beaches, you will find all the sights and top attractions explored in an easy-to-read A-Z format. Superb 3D laminated illustrations display the key sights in perspective and include the Table Mountain and Kimberley 'The Biggest Hole in the World' brought to life at the turn of a page. Clear and concise background texts cover South Africa's turbulent and fascinating history, tracing key events from the first hominids in South Africa to British occupation and beyond. Special feature pages cover topics of particular interest that give a rare glimpse into everyday life. A comprehensive 'Practicalities' chapter covers all the essential travel advice you need, including accommodation, transport, food and drink, health, shopping, money and much more, t to mention useful insider tips for travellers with disabilities. It reveals when and where you can catch festivals, holidays and events throughout the year and also highlights where the best national parks and beaches can be found. There are plenty of 'Baedeker tips' alongside the relevant places and sights information, making this guide ideal for on-the-spot reference. The guide is accompanied by a large, fully indexed, pull-out map, along with 36 detailed maps and plans within the text that clearly pin-point the best places to stay and top venues to eat and drink en route. There are 4 recommended tours specially designed to ensure you see the very best of this beautiful and diverse country. Whether you want to enjoy the isolated, sun-drenched beaches, explore endless vineyards, experience some of the most significant nature reserves on earth or get away from the tourist trail, the 4 specially selected tours will take from 2 - 4 weeks so you can choose the tour to suit you. Top sights are clearly plotted along the way with the distances marked between them. All of this invaluable information is contained within a handy plastic wallet that allows you to keep the guide and map together whilst ensuring that both will survive in all weather. Baedeker - setting a new standard in 21st century travel guide publishing.
- Author BiographySince 1827, Baedeker has set a benchmark for guidebooks and remains the most famous and cherished travel brand in the world. With over 50 titles available, the range is ever-expanding to keep up with the needs of today s travelers.
- Author(s)Baedeker,Bernhard Abend
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/09/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBaedeker Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Out-of-print date28/08/2015
- Content NoteFull colour photographs throughout
- Weight680 g
- Width123 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.